Toggle project info
The former assembly plant of Ford Ltd, the so-called Ford House, is one of the oldest buildings in Hernesaari, a district of the city built on land infill. The building is designed by Architect Gunnar Nordström and was built in 1943–46. The Finnish affiliate of the Ford Motor Company was crucial for the birth and development of Hernesaari area. The historical building survey was commissioned by the Helsinki City Planning Department as part of Hernesaari district plan in 2011. It is listed within district plan (’sr’).